As a tech-savvy gadget lover, you want only the best cars with advanced technology, or top cars with the latest features in India. Let’s look at the mid-size sedans Honda City and Hyundai Verna, and see how their entry-level variants compare.
In this article, we will share
- What a tech-savvy gadget lover looks for in a car
- Honda City vs Hyundai Verna – a comprehensive analysis of their entry-level variants, technology, features and gadgets
- How to pick the right car for you
Do these cars have innovative gadgets? Are these cars the most feature-rich in the mid-size sedan segment? Let’s find out.
Also read: 10 DC Design cars & how they look in the REAL world: Maruti Swift to Mahindra XUV500
What a Tech-Savvy Gadget Lover looks for in a car
Here’s what to look for in a car as a tech-savvy buyer:
- Hi-tech features: What advanced features such as infotainment system does the car have
- Driver assistance: Does the car have tech-driven features to assist you in driving
- Connectivity: Does the car have internet connectivity
- Convenience: What features does the car have to enhance convenience
A tech-savvy gadget lover values cutting-edge technology and superior integration of gadgets within a car. They look for features like touchscreen navigation, voice-activated controls, and wireless charging, emphasizing a seamless integration of their smart devices with the vehicle’s system.
Connectivity solutions like Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, along with the latest audio systems, are must-haves. Additionally, driver assistance tools such as adaptive cruise control and parking assistance are also highly desirable for this persona, ensuring convenience and safety align with technological sophistication.
Why Honda City and Hyundai Verna are Popular
Both Honda City and Hyundai Verna are frontrunners in the mid-segment sedan category, catering to a diverse audience, including tech-savvy individuals. These cars stand out for their advanced infotainment systems, compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Their touchscreen displays, often flaunting sizable dimensions and clear visuals, ensure easy access to numerous functions. The cars also incorporate modern driver assistance features, making the driving experience more intuitive.
The sheer number of technological enhancements present in both models solidifies their status as top choices for the gadget-loving demographic.
Honda City and Hyundai Verna Entry-level Variants Shortlist in Rs 10-13 Lakh Range
For Honda City, we have:
|Variant||Price (INR) as on 31 August 2023|
For Hyundai Verna, we have:
|Variant||Price (INR) as on 31 August 2023|
Honda City SV
Priced at INR 11,49,000, it offers Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, touchscreen navigation, LCD touchscreen, and a modern dashboard design. These features resonate with the tech-savvy persona, making it a competent choice. You can also read our comparison of the City with Skoda Slavia for gadget lovers.
Honda City V
With a slightly higher price of INR 12,37,000, this variant adds features like adaptive cruise control and glove box cooling. The integration of these advanced features can further appeal to the tech-savvy audience.
Hyundai Verna EX
At INR 10,90,000, this variant is more budget-friendly but lacks certain features like a branded audio system and Bluetooth connectivity, which might be essential for a gadget lover. We have also compared the City and Verna for family-focused buyers.
Hyundai Verna S
Priced at INR 11,96,000, this model adds Bluetooth connectivity, ensuring a seamless connection for devices. It remains a viable option, considering the price and features offered.
Hyundai Verna SX
The SX variant, costing INR 12,98,000, comes with rear parking sensors and wireless charging, upping the tech game and making it a strong contender for the tech-savvy persona.
Our Pick for the Best variant among Honda City and Hyundai Verna for Tech-savvy gadget lovers
The Hyundai Verna SX emerges as the top pick. While all variants offer essential tech features, the Verna SX combines them with additional attributes like wireless charging, an edge for gadget enthusiasts.
The presence of rear parking sensors further enhances its value proposition. Its aggressive design combined with top-notch interior tech attributes makes it the go-to choice for those prioritizing technology. If you love long-distance road trips, you can read how the Verna and City compare with each other.
The Top 3 choices
- Hyundai Verna SX
- Honda City V
- Hyundai Verna S
|Attribute||Hyundai Verna SX||Honda City V||Hyundai Verna S|
|Adaptive Cruise Control||No||Yes||No|
|Audio System (Brand)||OEM||OEM||OEM|
|Audio System – # of speakers||4||4||4|
|Glove box cooling||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Lane keeping assist||No||No||No|
|Voice Activated Controls||No||No||No|
How to Pick the Right Car for You
- The Verna SX variant stands out with features such as wireless charging, which the other two variants lack. It offers almost all attributes desirable by tech-savvy individuals, making it the prime choice for gadget enthusiasts.
- While the City V lacks wireless charging, it does come with adaptive cruise control, which is absent in both Hyundai variants. This feature aids in providing a more relaxed and advanced driving experience, especially on highways. Moreover, the Honda City V is a strong blend of both essential and luxury tech features, making it a worthy consideration.
- While Verna S is not as feature-packed as the SX variant, it still holds its own in terms of tech attributes. Offering a robust set of features, it ensures that even without certain standout attributes of the SX, tech enthusiasts will have a satisfactory tech-filled driving experience.
In conclusion, the Hyundai Verna SX remains the top choice for a tech-savvy gadget lover due to its comprehensive list of attributes. Still, both the Honda City V and Hyundai Verna S offer competitive technological amenities.
If you’re interested in reading more such face-to-face comparisons of popular car variants, head over to our Buying Advice section.